This incredibly powerful tonic comes from a well-respected herbalist and functional medicine practitioner, Chris Kresser. Many of the ingredients here have been shown to be antimicrobial, antiviral, and helpful in improving immune system function.
- 1 to 2 lbs of ginger root, juiced
- juice from half a lemon
- large tablespoon of raw honey
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6oz hot water
- It is easiest to use a juicer to make the ginger juice. If you don’t have a juicer, you can grate the ginger into the water.
- Add 2-4oz of the ginger juice, lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper to the hot water.
- Drink 2-6 cups of this combination per day.
- The extra ginger juice can be stored in jars and refrigerated.